If you are viewing this job listing from a job posting board (indeed, LinkedIn, etc.) and wish to apply for this position you MUST do so directly through our website (http://hrdc.bamboohr.com/jobs/). If you apply through Indeed or LinkedIn, your application WILL NOT be complete and you will therefore not be considered for the position.
Human Resource Development Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation and any other legally protected status.
Job Opening Date: June 2, 2018
Job Closing Date: Until filled
Job Status: This is a part time, seasonal position. Monday through Thursday, 8 hours per day. The season follows the school year calendar.
Anticipated Start Date: July 16, 2018 , must be available for training prior to the beginning of the school year.
Wage: $12.00/ hour
Job Summary: Provide supportive services in the preschool classroom and kitchen.
There are two Edcucation Aide positions available. One will be located in our Belgrade ECE Center and the second Education Aide will float where needed between Bozeman, Livingston and Belgrade.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
This position has the following duties and responsibilities. They are listed starting with the most important. The percentage at the end of each statement is an estimate of the percentage of time spent on each duty. This listing does not include minor duties which constitute less than 5% of the position’s time, unless such duties are significantly important or critical to the success of the position. Each of the duties listed below is considered an essential function of this job. (Essential functions are those functions that the employee must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. Regular and predictable work schedule and attendance are considered essential functions).
Prepares and serves food in accordance with sanitary regulations:
- Assists serving all food to the children in accordance with established procedures and on a timely basis;
- Prepares and delivers snacks as instructed;
- Orders, prepares, delivers, and stocks classrooms with supplies in accordance with health and nutrition policy and procedure, including special diet needs;
- Assists in unpacking and storing incoming food, supplies, etc;
- Maintains clean and sanitary classrooms- cleans work area frequently throughout the day and at the end of the work shift, washes dishes, containers, pots, pans, and utensils used during shift following sanitation guidelines and returns them to proper storage areas;
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly CACFP and attendance documentation for required food service policies
Assist teaching staff with daily classroom activities as requested and as time allows:
- Assist teaching staff to prepare and plan classroom nutrition activities
- Assists on playground to maintain safety of children as time allows.
- Interact with children and families in a professional and supportive manner.
Attend applicable and mandatory trainings as directed by supervisor or program standards.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Read, write, and speak basic English sentences;
- Read and comprehend basic instructions and present information to others.
Mathematical/ Money Handling Skills:
- Basic counting skills;
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide simple numbers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form;
- Ability to make on the spot judgment regarding safety of children.
Specialized Tools (Non-Computer):
- Food serving tools and equipment.
HRDC, professional or Governmental Policies and Regulations:
- State or federal regulations or laws (list by name): Knowledge of health department sanitation and food safety standards; MT Child and Adult Food Care Program regulations;
- Agency policies or procedures (list by name): HRDC Policies and Procedures, Head Start Food Service Policies and Procedures.
Drivers Licenses Required for Performing this Position:
Professional Licenses or Certifications Required by Law, Rule or Regulation for Performing this Position:
- Incumbent must pass a physical exam which results in a letter stating person is free of communicable diseases by employment date;
- First Aid Card, including CPR training;
- Satisfactory results from criminal check as required by Child/Adult Abuse Act.
- TB Screening Questionnaire and/or skin test (needed every five years);
- Tetanus vaccination;
Licenses or Certifications That Would Be Useful but Are Not Required:
Other Required Knowledge, Skills or Abilities:
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with a wide range of individuals from all socio-economic and age groups, especially preschool children;
- Ability work with minimal supervision and effectively manage work flow;
- Ability to respond effectively to the inquiries or complaints from parents or children.
Essential Physical, Mental and Emotional Requirements of this position
The following physical, mental, and emotional abilities are considered essential to perform the duties listed above:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear;
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus;
- The incumbent must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
Education: The following course(s) of study or class work usually provides the required knowledge skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position:
- Graduation from high school or GED preferred.
Experience: The following kinds of experience usually provide the required knowledge skills and abilities to perform the duties of this position:
- At least 6 months of experience in this field preferred.
- This position operates under supervision of a classroom teacher that checks work and sets the timing and the sequence of work performed.
This position supervises the following position(s):
This position has the following supervisory responsibilities:
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Impact of Decisions and Errors Made by Position:
- Decisions and/or errors primarily affect enrolled children, families and the other employees in the classroom and site center that this position is assigned to.
Judgment Required to make decisions:
- Requires judgment to solve day‑to‑day problems within established procedures, guidelines, and precedents.
- This position cannot authorize exceptions to Program policy or procedure.
This position is accountable for the following company money, funds, and budgets:
This position is authorized to sign the following documents and forms:
The incumbent is responsible for the following personal contacts (either in oral or written form) when performing the duties and responsibilities of the position:
- Daily interaction with parents, enrolled children and co-workers.
- The incumbent regularly works with confidential data, which if disclosed, may cause adverse internal effects in one program.
The incumbent is exposed to the following unusual, potentially hazardous or unpleasant working conditions:
- Works in temperature controlled classroom environment;
- Daily exposure to angry or violent parents, children, or volunteers;
- Daily exposure to minor Injuries (not requiring hospitalization);
- Daily exposure to risk of injuries that may result in a permanent disability or death;
- Weekly or more frequent exposure to animal bites or injuries caused by animals;
- Daily exposure to unpleasant substances, odors, or noises.